Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 2

So yesterday, Monday, was only day 2 of this project, and already I got so busy that I didn't have the chance to post. I'm really sorry to anyone who is trying to work on this with me, and I will try not to miss another day. I guess I'll just have to ask you to forgive me. :)

The truth about day 2 is that is was a pretty great day. It seems to me that on those days, where everything falls into place, and we get caught up in fun and excitement, forgiveness isn't nearly as hard. Part of it is that we may be preoccupied enough that we don't even think about the person who hurt us very much. My counselor says that though this may be an avoidance strategy, it can also serve as a healthy coping skill from time to time.

No matter what is going on in our lives at any given time, taking a day away from stress to just enjoy life can be really refreshing. So this is our lesson for day 2:

SOAK IT UP.
Despite any horrific circumstances that may be surrounding us, God still provides us with beautiful blessings, and moments when we remember how it feels to be whole and joyful.

Sometimes my blessings come from watching my sweet babies play together and seeing the way Daughter is so eager to teach and take care of Son. Sometimes they come in the form of a little free time to enjoy my hobbies, a good night's sleep, or a friend that is there for me at just the right moment. But always they help me turn my eyes toward the Father who provides these good and perfect gifts, and I plan to remember from now on to relish each of these moments.

Don't let Satan deceive you into thinking that you can't be thankful, or that God isn't praiseworthy, even in your darkest days.

"Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, 'We have seen remarkable things today." Luke 5:26

"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts." 1 Chron. 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment