Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 16

Well, tonight I'm just plain tired. I saw my counselor this morning and attended my weekly Divorce Care meeting tonight, so I've already done too much talking about myself and the progress God is making in me. So let's get down to business.

FIND HIS SHADOW
Multiple times throughout scripture, we are told that we can rest in the shadow of God's wings. He is our hiding place. He is our strong tower. This is easy to forget in times of turmoil and heartache. I find it interesting that the times when I am the most worn out from the trials of this life, and when I've grown the most weary in doing good also happen to be the times when I have such a hard time recalling these verses and claiming them for myself.

Taking a pill and going to bed doesn't provide the rest we need deep in our souls. Having a day at the spa filled with massages and beauty treatments can't renew our minds. Sitting down with a good book or favorite comfort food can't provide the true solace we so desperately seek. Only God can, so it's time to start allowing Him to do just that.

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Psalm 57:1

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

3 comments:

  1. I read something recently about the darkness that we see and sometimes "experience" may actually be because we are in His shadow. You are looking up to see that you are there. =)Bask in His mighty shelter of love . . . may He be your portion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in response to yesterday's post. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
    I know you already know that. I liked the words heal and bind in that passage. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete