Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 34: It's Your Own Freedom You're Fighting For

My computer is being obnoxious today, so I'm going to try to be less wordy and get down to business.

IT'S YOUR OWN FREEDOM YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR

As I've finally started to relinquish my own sense of justice and decided to instead learn to pray for my persecutors, another truth has become abundantly clear. Praying for them has no guaranteed result in their lives because they still have free will to continue in their destructive lifestyles if they so desire. These prayers do, however, promise to provide a new and much needed freedom in my own heart which will better equip me to move on with my life and minister to others. Again, I'll share with you words provided by Beth Moore.

Will the person you're praying for change? Will they receive the blessing you've mustered all the courage to ask God for? Maybe. Maybe not. That's up to them. But will your heart change, will you find freedom to forgive, and will you receive blessing? Absolutely! Take God at His word and find out.

"When you forgive this man, I forgive him, too. And when I forgive him (for whatever is to be forgiven), I do so with Christ's authority for your benefit, so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are very familiar with his evil schemes." 2 Corinthians 2:10-11
--In these verses, Paul explains that we should all forgive whatever has been done to us to make us more like Christ, and so that Satan loses his power over us. We know that Satan wants to destroy us and enslave us to sins- such as unforgiveness- and the best defense is a good offense. If we take forgiveness into our own hands by giving God the authority to change our hearts and by praying blessings over those who need it, the devil has no more room to interfere. Today's prayer for those who break my heart with their choices is below.

I pray for _____________ that you would give him/her the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that he/she may know You better. I pray also that the eyes of his/her heart may be enlightened in order that he/she may know the hope to which you have called him/her, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power to free those who believe.
(Eph. 1:17-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment