Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 25

Today we're jumping right in to the lesson.

THE PEACE IS REAL
Have you ever been faced with a situation that you didn't think you would possibly get through? Did you have the thought- after it was over- that you were able to handle much more than you ever imagined possible? Did you pat yourself on the back for remaining so calm in the crisis, or believe that you must be much stronger than you gave yourself credit for? While you were in that valley, that pit, that rock bottom experience, was anyone praying for you? Do you think they may have been using these biblical promises as the basis for their prayers?

"With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:19

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

I can tell you honestly that I have prayed these verses over people I love many times, and I have counted on God to deliver that power and that peace. But, until today, I can't remember ever experiencing it so tangibly in my own life. How else do you explain the fact that I walked into the lawyer's office and signed the papers; walked in to the court house and appeared before the judge; walked out of his chambers a single mother; and never had a moment of panic, fear or doubt? That is the peace that transcends all understanding. That was God working in my heart to calm me and protect me through a time of grief and stress. To all of you who I know prayed for these things specifically- thank you from the bottom of my heart! To any of you who could use this kind of power and peace in your own lives but have never been a part of it- ask, and you shall receive! I will be able to forgive Husband because it's not my ballgame anymore. I'm still learning to let go of the reigns, but as long as God is on the throne and I am bathed in prayer, the forgiving spirit will come like the rain.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you! Missed seeing you on Monday! I am praying for both of us on this journey!
    ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete